FREE Barbecues are back!
Join Summer Session at Barnes Plaza in front of Getchell for a free lunch from noon-1 p.m. (or while supplies last!) on these Thursdays:
- May 30 to celebrate Mini-Session
- June 20 to celebrate First Session
- July 25 to celebrate Second Session
May be sponsored in part by ASUN Flipside Programming.
FREE Summer Concerts and Watermelon
on the Quad!
Voted one of Reno Gazette-Journal’s “Best Family Outings” — free Watermelon concerts on the Quad are fun for all ages. Bring a blanket and a picnic dinner and join us from 6-8 p.m. on these Wednesdays:
- July 3: Decoy
- July 10: Guitar Woody & the Boilers
- July 17: Disney (Reno Municipal Band)
- July 24: JellyBread
- July 31: HomeMade Jam
- Aug. 7: Tim Snider and Sound Society
Food will be available for purchase. Concerts are presented by Summer Session in partnership with the University of Nevada, Reno Alumni Association.
FREE Tuesday Night Movies!
From June 4-Aug. 13, take a break on Tuesdays! On Tuesday nights at 9 p.m. bring a blanket and low-back chair and enjoy FREE movies on the Joe Crowley Student Union lawn with free popcorn and drinks!
- June 4 Oz – The Great and Powerful (PG)
- June 11 Jack the Giant Slayer (PG-13)
- June 18 The Incredible Burt Wonderstone (PG-13)
- June 25 Admission (PG-13)
- July 2 Escape from Planet Earth (PG)
- July 9 42 (PG-13)
- July 16 GI Joe – Retaliation (PG-13)
- July 23 Oblivion (PG-13)
- July 30 The Host (PG-13)
- August 6 Fast and Furious 6 (PG-13)
- August 13 Now You See Me (PG-13)
Sponsored by the Joe Crowley Student Union.
Summer Intramural Sports
- Outdoor Soccer I: June 10-July 12
Deadline for sign-up is June 4; Women’s, men’s and coed divisions offered. Fee per team: $175
- Outdoor Soccer II: July 15-Aug. 16
Deadline for sign-up is July 9; Women’s, men’s and coed divisions offered. Fee per team: $175
Visit www.imleagues.com/nevada for details.
Nevada Humanities Chautauqua 2013
June 24-27, 2013 / Bartley Ranch Regional Park, Reno
Join us for another summer of Chautauqua fun, featuring scholars young and old portraying historical figures and interacting with the audience. Food and drink will be available for purchase. Visit www.nevadahumanities.org for tickets and schedules.